United by Purple

Hogan to become 'own player'

12:05pm  Oct 19, 2018

Year in review: rounds 17-23

9:51am  Oct 19, 2018

Hogan feeling the love

4:29pm  Oct 18, 2018

AFLW: Fry excited for draft

1:42pm  Oct 18, 2018

Hogan addresses the 'P-word'

Fremantle's boom recruit was ready for the inevitable question

4:23pm  Oct 19, 2018

Hogan feeling the love

Jesse Hogan says his phone has been running hot since the news of his trade to Fremantle

7:26pm  Oct 18, 2018

Hogan’s best football to come: Bell

Peter Bell is confident star forward Jesse Hogan will reach his peak at the Fremantle Dockers

1:46pm  Oct 18, 2018

Pearce’s fond Auskick memories

Tom Fee  May 16, 2018 5:17 PM

NAB AFL Auskick - Pearce Sign up to NAB AFL Auskick and you'll get two free tickets to the Dockers v the power, the kangaroos or the lions.

The sense of mateship that Alex Pearce enjoys in AFL football began right back when he started playing Auskick in Tasmania as a five-year-old.

Pearce spoke about his Auskick days at Optus Stadium on Wednesday to promote an initiative where WA-based youngsters who sign up between 11 May and 27 May will receive two free tickets to select Fremantle home games.

“I’ve got lots of memories form Auskick,” Pearce said.

“I started when I was five years old and played all the way through.

“I enjoyed being able to play footy with my mates and spend time with them on the weekends. That mateship is something I carry through my football now.”

Pearce said he almost felt envious of the kids that can enjoy playing NAB AFL Auskick in much warmer conditions than in his home state.

“It was very tough, very cold. I had the full Skins on, the long sleeve jumper underneath,” Pearce said.

“It’s a lot different to how Auskick looks in Tasmania.”

The 200cm defender credited Auskick for his development into a highly skilled footballer.

“I wasn’t as tall (compared to other players),” Pearce said.

“I was a midfielder back then. I was no superstar so I had to work my way up the ranks.”

More than 200,000 kids take part in Auskick nation-wide, learning the skills of AFL in a fun and safe environment.

In Western Australia, more than 43,000 kids participate in Auskick across 275 centres state-wide. Female participation in the program in WA increased by 28 per cent in the past year.

FreoRd10_620x120ArticleBanner.jpg