- Australia has one of the highest rates of carbon emissions per capita in the world, more than China and the USA
- Australia has the highest rate of loss of mammal species anywhere in the world
WHAT IS NEEDED?
Reducing carbon emissions is critical. We must also work to draw down carbon, for example, through planting trees and improved land management.
We are committed to being part of the solution in addressing climate change through our own efforts as a Club and by supporting business and community efforts in the reduction, and drawdown of carbon and recycling initiatives.
- Purple Flower Match Day – promote tree planting and sustainability on match day where plants are distributed to the crowd
- Utilise FFC talent to have member volunteer tree planting days in partnership with community organisations
- Work with partners to help offset their carbon footprint through initiatives like large scale tree planting initiatives
- Promote awareness campaigns to encourage recycling and other environmental initiatives
- Introduce initiatives to reduce the FFC’s carbon footprint