- 70% of WA adults, 16 years and over, are overweight or obese
- 25% of children, between 5 - 15 years, are overweight or obese
- It is estimated that illness from being overweight or obese will cost the WA government $610M per year by 2026
WHAT IS NEEDED?
Improved nutrition and increased physical activity along with addressing general issues of disadvantage.
To create education, awareness and participation programs that facilitate healthy lifestyle choices and physical activity for children and adults.
- Deliver programs that use sport to link physical activity and community connection for increased health and wellbeing
- Establish programs for young people that increase exercise and improve the understanding of diet and healthy lifestyle choices
- Connect vulnerable people in group exercise and health programs (for both young people and adults) delivered by Fremantle players across various settings (schools and clubs, at the FFC base or online)
- Deliver community events to encourage physical activities such as fun runs, expos and sports festivals
- Implement match day activations that promote participation in sports and healthy activities