- One in five Australian’s aged 16 – 85 experience mental health issues in any given year
- WA has the second highest rate of youth suicide in the country
WHAT IS NEEDED?
An “all of community” effort that includes timely and accessible expert medical treatment, as well as non-medical community based programs.
To work in a complementary way with experts and leading mental health service providers. We must explore ways to create community environments that support strong mental health and address social isolation issues as a way to build thriving communities.
- Work with existing mental health and social inclusion organisations to support individuals and families facing adversity
- Support Indigenous mental health programs through the power of sport and the platform of AFL and AFLW
- Deliver programs that explore the strong connection between individual mental health, physical activity and community connection
- Utilise themed match days to focus on activities that promote and enhance the psychological health and well-being of kids, young people, adults and families
- Educate the community on the impacts of cyberbullying and promote healthy online platforms
- Supporting individual and community mental health through education, pastoral care and mentoring programs