United by Purple

Hogan to become 'own player'

12:05pm  Oct 19, 2018

Year in review: rounds 17-23

9:51am  Oct 19, 2018

Hogan feeling the love

4:29pm  Oct 18, 2018

AFLW: Fry excited for draft

1:42pm  Oct 18, 2018

AFL.com.au: Each club's best 22

AFL.com.au looks at each club's best 22 following the Trade Period

2:56pm  Oct 20, 2018

Fry: ‘Best talent’ the target at AFLW draft

Fremantle are expected to take up to nine players at the 2018 NAB AFLW National Draft

5:25pm  Oct 19, 2018

Hogan addresses the 'P-word'

Fremantle's boom recruit was ready for the inevitable question

4:23pm  Oct 19, 2018

'An amazing feeling' - Apeness kicks first AFL goal

Tom Wildie  August 8, 2016 2:29 PM

Michael Apeness recalls the moment he kicked his first goal in the AFL

Michael Apeness said kicking his maiden AFL goal was “an amazing feeling”, after slotting the major in his first Carlton Draught Derby on Sunday.

Apeness snapped the goal from deep in the right forward pocket after a strong mark, and said he was thrilled by the moment.

“It was an amazing feeling, as I saw I got it through, I was pretty pumped,” he said.

Drafted with pick 17 in 2013, Apeness has suffered a string of injuries, the latest being a broken collarbone against Essendon in round 11, which have limited his exposure to the senior football.

'We'll keep building' - Hill

Coach Ross Lyon, who said the club saw nothing but upside to Apeness, was pleased with his performance against West Coast.

“With the opportunity we are prepared to give, it’s pleasing, because we know he is a really dedicated worker and focused on his footy,” Lyon said.

Ahead of playing his first derby, Apeness said he was excited to run out in front of the Fremantle faithful.

“I was a bit nervous going in, but it was great to hear the fans cheering,” he said.

Hoping his injury woes are behind him, and having recently signed a new contract with the club, Apeness is focused on building into next season.

“I’m trying to build my craft up forward and a bit of ruck work,” he said.

“I just want to do my best and help the team out.”