First year reflection: Giro

2:03pm  Sep 13, 2018

Season reflection: Duman

8:48am  Sep 13, 2018

Brownlow 2018: How Fremantle fared

Nat Fyfe polled the most Brownlow votes for a Fremantle player on Monday night

10:49pm  Sep 24, 2018

AFLW: Antonio a rising star on and off the field

Ebony Antonio has won the 2018 NECA Electrical and Communications Association (EMA) 2nd-year apprenticeship award with Programmed

1:52pm  Sep 20, 2018

Leaders set strong example for rookies

Stefan Giro says the leadership group inspired Freo’s first year players in 2018

11:30am  Sep 20, 2018

"I feel like I’m back in the school yard" - Crowden

fremantlefc.com.au  April 11, 2018 6:35 PM

Mitch Crowden chats to Docker TV about the Freo Fundamentals gala day and what it means to be a part of Team Freo

Mitch Crowden was all smiles at the club’s Freo Fundamentals Gala day on Wednesday afternoon on the Victor George Kailis Oval at Cockburn ARC.

The 18-year-old was joined by fellow first year players and Brady Grey to run the gala day for primary school aged children.

“It’s a beautiful day, we’ve got 450 kids down here from seven different schools and it’s a great day to teach some kids some footy skills,” Crowden said.

Freo Fundamentals is a school program delivered by the club’s Community Goals department that teaches primary school aged children the fundamentals of football.

The program also provides information about healthy eating, anti-bullying and making smart choices.

The importance of the day wasn’t lost on Crowden, who said he remembers times during his childhood where he was able to meet and by taught by AFL players.

“It was always a big day when I was a little kid and an AFL player came to our school,” Crowden said.

“I was always out there trying my best and showing off and it’s great to be on the other side of it today.

“Days like today are a great opportunity to be able to switch off from football, I feel like I am back in the school yard with my mates. It’s been a great day.

OPTUS_STADIUM_ARTICLE_BANNER.jpg