United by Purple

11:55am  Oct 16, 2018

Year in review: rounds 1-7

9:56am  Oct 16, 2018

2019 new rules revealed

12:52pm  Oct 11, 2018

Indicative draft order: 16 October

View the draft order after the second-last day of trading

5:27pm  Oct 16, 2018

Ryan’s positives from 2018

Luke Ryan's 2018 was highlighted by a top-five finish in the Doig Medal

4:31pm  Oct 16, 2018

Off-season diaries

See how the Freo players are enjoying their off-season

2:35pm  Oct 15, 2018

Lyon the cobbler for a cause

fremantlefc.com.au   June 11, 2018 3:02 PM

Watch Ross Lyon go down the slide on Monday in support of MND.

After remaining coy about his costume choice in the lead up to Fight MND Big Freeze on Monday at the MCG, Ross Lyon dressed as a cobbler in acknowledgment of one of his favourite sayings.

“I’m pretty fond of saying, ‘let the cobblers do the cobbling’ so I’m actually the cobbler today,” Lyon said.

“I think my old man might have passed it (the saying) on when I was chirping at home, to pull my head in really.”

Speaking as he emerged from the icy water, Lyon explained the reasons behind the importance of the cause to him, including losing his mother to the disease.

“It was a fair while ago, it is an insidious disease, 18 months and she passed away,” Lyon said.

“It’s close to my heart, Neale’s an incredible inspiration.

“It’s about the future, it really is about trying to find a cure for people who will be struck down in the future.

“Let’s get behind it.”

In recognition of Lyon’s participation, the Melbourne City Sales team of Australia’s biggest commercial property agency, CBRE, made a $20,000 donation to support Lyon and the Fremantle Football Club.

CBRE National Director and head of the sales team Mark Wizel said his team was honoured to make a contribution to fighting MND.

“The apparently unbreakable Neale Daniher has done incredible work in fighting this disease, a disease that sadly took Ross Lyon’s mother some years back,” Wizel said.

“We are absolutely delighted that we can make a contribution in supporting Ross and the Fremantle Football Club in the Big Freeze at the MCG with a $20,000 donation.”

FREMEmailSignature2.jpg