The AFL's Historian has compiled a list of David Mundy's remarkable achievements ahead of his entry into the top 10 of the AFL/VFL games played list.
The current top 10 for games played comprises: Brent Harvey, 432 games with North Melbourne; Michael Tuck, 426 games with Hawthorn; Shaun Burgoyne, 407 games with Port Adelaide and Hawthorn; Kevin Bartlett, 403 games with Richmond; Dustin Fletcher, 400 games with Essendon; Robert Harvey, 383 games with St Kida; Simon Madden, 378 games with Essendon; Craig Bradley, 375 games with Carlton; Adam Goodes, 372 games with Sydney Swans; and Bernie Quinlan, 366 games with Footscray and Fitzroy.
Below are just some of the impressive numbers Mundy has amassed in his career.
- Selected by Fremantle with Pick 19 in the 2003 NAB AFL Draft from the Murray Bushrangers.
- Has played 365 games with Fremantle since debuting in Round 6, 2005.
Mundy's debut in Round Six, 2005
- Mundy played 124 consecutive games from debut - the fifth-longest streak to start a career in VFL/AFL history.
- 13 current senior coaches were still playing when Mundy made his debut in 2005.
- At the time of Mundy's debut, John Rantall (South Melbourne, North Melbourne, Fitzroy) was 10th for VFL/AFL games played with 336 games. Mundy has had to play 30 more to reach the top 10.
- Fremantle have had 236 players play at least one game since it joined the competition in 1995. David Mundy has played alongside 147 of these players.
- Mundy has travelled roughly 885,337km over his AFL career −making him the most-travelled player in VFL/AFL history, 25,000km more than former team mate Matthew Pavlich
- There have been 11 Fremantle players to reach 200 games. Mundy has played in all of their 200 game milestone matches − Shane Parker (2005), Shaun McManus (2007), Matthew Pavlich (2009), Paul Hasleby (2010), Antoni Grover (2011), Luke McPharlin (2013), Aaron Sandilands (2014), David Mundy himself (2014), Michael Johnson (2015), Stephen Hill (2018) and Nat Fyfe (2021).
- Most games played alongside Mundy: Matthew Pavlich, 226 games; Michael Johnson, 222 games; Aaron Sandilands, 220 games; Stephen Hill, 198 games; Luke McPharlin, 186 games.
- Most games played against David Mundy: Shannon Hurn (23, for 11 wins/12 losses), Shaun Burgoyne (22, 8-14), Scott Thompson (21, 9-12), Travis Boak (21, 11-10), Eddie Betts (21, 11-10) and Justin Westhoff (21, 12-9).
- Mundy has played the most games outside Victoria with 281. Adam Goodes (Sydney Swans) has the second-most with 267.
- Mundy has the most disposals in VFL/AFL history for games played outside Victoria with 6,084. Travis Boak, Port Adelaide (5959 disposals), Simon Black, Brisbane Lions (5441 disposals), and Kane Cornes, Port Adelaide (5357 disposals), are second, third and fourth respectively.
- In Round 6 2021, Mundy was leading the AFLCA Votes and was the oldest player to lead at 35 years old.
- In 2021, Mundy became the oldest player to poll 20 votes in a Brownlow medal count.