Fremantle take on Collingwood this Sunday, 2 August at Optus Stadium. Bounce down is 4.10pm.
We are excited to have all our loyal and passionate members back to footy in WA, but it is important to highlight that COVID-19 will see a different game-day experience to what we are used to.
Here is everything you need to know about how COVID-19 may impact your game day.
COMPULSORY DIGITAL TICKETING
All tickets for the game will be digital! Make sure you download your digital ticket before game day and have it ready on your phone to scan into the venue. Members can download their ticket through the Fremantle Dockers App (see below).
Once you have downloaded your digital ticket, be sure to check which gate you will be required to enter through as you must enter through the gate number specified on your ticket.
Due to the reduced capacity and social distancing requirements, all patrons, including children under the age of 5, will be required to have a ticket to enter the stadium. Any child without a ticket will need to have one purchased for them at the gate.
Finally, please leave your membership card at home, membership cards cannot be used to gain access to the stadium
DOWNLOAD THE CLUB APP
Ahead of gameday, make sure you have downloaded the official Fremantle Dockers App! As this will make accessing your digital tickets much easier, plus you can stay up to date with all the latest news and video from the club.
Download on IOS
Download on Android
It is also recommended all patrons download the COVIDSafe App on your mobile device, with Bluetooth enabled prior to entering the Stadium.
AROUND THE STADIUM
Please make sure to leave your cash at home, Optus Stadium is currently a cashless venue meaning you will need to pay using EFTPOS at all food and beverage outlets. All food and beverage must be consumed in your seat.
Once inside the stadium, you may notice that the first two rows of level one are empty. This is to allow for adequate social distancing from the quarantined field of play. Patrons must not sit in these seats.
Other key points:
- Do not bring bags larger than an A4 piece of paper.
- No cloaking facilities available. Don't bring bulky items.
- Movement once in the stadium should be minimised.
- Maintain a physical distance where possible from others.
- Do not approach players or officials for autographs or photos.
- Avoid unnecessary contact i.e. hand shaking, hugging etc.
- Practise good hand hygiene.
If you feel unwell or have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms during the two weeks prior to this weekend’s game, please DO NOT attend. If you begin to feel ill whilst at the game, please make sure to notify an Optus Stadium representative immediately and follow the directions of any venue, club or AFL staff.
ARRIVE EARLY… AVOID DELAYS
In addition to downloading your digital ticket prior to arrival, getting to the stadium early will ensure you are not caught in long queues outside the Stadium in the lead up to the game. Gates open at 2pm for fans to enter the Stadium ready for the 4.10pm bounce down. You must enter via the Gate specified on your ticket.
OPTUS STADIUM RESTAURANTS AND CATERING
- The City View restaurant will be OPEN.
- The Goodwood restaurant will be CLOSED.
- Given the reduced capacity within the stadium there are some elements of our matchday that have changed. Unfortunately, The Supporter’s Club/The Freo Clubhouse do not operate as they previously have. Both the River View room and Sky View Lounge will be closed as well.
MATCH DAY ENTERTAINMENT
- Hit 92.9’s Live and Local is back for 2020 and the talented Ornella will be performing live from the level 5 stage.
- Have your say on what song should kick off the second half! Head over to the official Fremantle Dockers app pre-game to have your say on which song should played as the team enter onto the ground for the second half. This week fans will be able to choose from four Aussie classic hits!
If you want to get involved early, you can vote HERE!
For the safety of all patrons we encourage all attendees to ensure they are well aware of the above points, prior to attending the game. If you have a family or linked account, please pass this information onto all attending.
If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact the Membership Services Team on (08) 9433 7111 or at email@example.com