SIS50319 Diploma of Sport + BSB50215 Diploma of Business
Fremantle Dockers Football Club are proud to partner with the Purple Hands Foundation and SEDA Group (SEDA) to bring you a one-year dual Diploma program in sport and business. The program is designed to give you the opportunity to study in a practical, hands-on learning environment, and gain real experience in the sports industry working alongside the Fremantle Dockers.
The one year, dual- diploma program develops skills and knowledge across a variety of areas including sponsorship, project and event management, leadership, talent identification, social media and marketing. You will connect and learn from sports industry experts, coaches and elite athletes. You will also gain insight into the business elements involved in a large elite sporting organisation.
You will have the opportunity to study a curriculum matched to your interests, complete a practical placement, run major projects, and participate in AFL-specific high-performance activities, designed to further develop your skills and experience.
Upon successful completion, you will have the opportunity to move into further study with one of our higher education providers, or transition into the workforce, equipped with the knowledge and attributes for a successful future.
- Gain an understanding of what it is like to work across different roles in the sports industry
- Connect with Fremantle Dockers staff in roles including management, marketing, administration, events and gain access to Fremantle FC players and coaches.
- Match day assistance at home games
- Coaching and officiating at clinics
- January 2021 intake
- 36 weeks duration
- Dual Diploma program comprising the SIS50319 Diploma of Sport, and the BSB50215 Diploma of Business
- Program includes specialisations in Sport Development and Coaching, in addition to the requirements to satisfy the SISSS00116 High Performance Coach skill set
- Four (4) days of face-to-face training and assessment, inclusive of facilitated online delivery for some subject areas
- Minimum of 80 hours of practical placement in industry
- High-performance athlete development sessions, supported by the team at Fremantle FC
- Access to industry-leading facilities to complete practical sessions
- A holistic approach to personal development, including general leadership and performance skills, mentoring, as well as career pathway skills preparation, delivered by the Purple Hands Foundation.
*Qualifications subject to change