The Fremantle Dockers are excited to announce the launch of a new and unique collaboration between the Fremantle Dockers, the Purple Hands Foundation and SEDA Group (SEDA) — the Sport, Business & Leadership Program.
The program is a one-year dual Diploma giving interested students the opportunity to study in a practical hands-on learning environment and gain real experience working alongside industry experts, coaches and elite athletes. Students will also get to study curriculum matched to their interests, run major projects, and participate in football high-performance activities, designed to further develop their skills and experience.
Intake for the 36-week course will commence in January, 2022. Applications are now open with limited places so interested students are encouraged to apply to secure their position.
The program will allow students to:
- Take part in Fremantle Dockers AFL and AFLW game day and community experiences
- Work on real-time projects aligned to the strategic objectives of the Fremantle Dockers
- Hear from guest speakers and key industry personnel, including high-profile Fremantle Dockers professionals
- Access industry leading facilities and resources, such as the Fremantle Dockers Football Club at Cockburn ARC
- Immerse themselves in a professional sporting environment that hosts elite-level football programs to develop insights into current and future career opportunities
- Access pathways into over 40 higher education courses nationally, the vast majority with credits or advanced standing
Fremantle CEO Simon Garlick said the program will provide an exciting opportunity to those who have completed their Year 12 studies.
“The Sport, Business & Leadership Program not only provides students with unique learning opportunities in an elite sport context, it also provides students with the opportunity to help the Fremantle Dockers continue to deliver value to grassroots clubs, corporate partners, fans and the community,” Garlick said.
“We encourage you to explore this exclusive collaboration between the Fremantle Dockers, the Purple Hands Foundation and SEDA and we are confident that the program can help you develop the necessary skills and attributes for a successful future.”
To apply, please visit seda.edu.au/freodockers or call 1300 777 332 or email email@example.com for more information.
Fremantle Dockers Football Club and Purple Hands Foundation provides marketing and promotional services on behalf of SEDA Group RTO Provider Number: 22503 relating to the recruitment of prospective students for this program.