Why we care
For more than 25 years, FFC has received incredible support from passionate and loyal members, partners and fans. As a result, FFC is privileged to hold a prominent place in WA, with that privilege comes the responsibility to play a greater role in our community and demonstrate our genuine care.
To guide our way forward, we have looked to our past. The focus of the Purple Hands Foundation reflects FFC’s rich history, which extends back to a time well before the AFL, and throughout our first 25 years.
As a Club we proudly draw on the “Fremantle spirit” of picking up a mate when they fall, looking out for those less fortunate and working hard for others. Together we stand for:
- A deep love of the game and an appreciation that participation in sport enhances Health and Wellbeing
- Understanding that Education and Leadership of young people nurtures champions in our communities
- A proud history of promoting Respect and Inclusion, which celebrates diversity and champions Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and the development of women in WA
Driven by these three areas, this is how we will leave a legacy of communities focused on a sustainable future, this is how we will make our mark.
Our focus areas
The following focus areas guide our work in the WA community:
Our approach is to ‘drop anchor’ in key areas of the community by addressing our focus areas. For each focus area we:
- Have direct activities delivered by the foundation
- Form aligned partnerships that promote their work, or co-deliver programs
- Deliver marketing and event support for each focus area
- Attract funding and partners that align with one or more focus areas
- Seek alignment and connection with FFC activities and initiatives