- WA has the highest level of First Nations incarceration in Australia
- In WA, Indigenous children have the highest rates of out-of-home care in Australia
- The gender pay gap in WA is the largest in Australia (at 21.4%)
- Women in WA are experiencing increasing rates of family and domestic violence, as well as sexual violence
WHAT IS NEEDED?
Support and empowerment of Indigenous led organisations to design and deliver programs. To conduct all activities with a “gender lens” particularly in policy making, program design and delivery.
To listen to and support Indigenous leaders working to strengthen their community and prioritise the wellbeing of females throughout all programs.
- Partner with Indigenous organisations and businesses to help increase their impact
- Deliver training programs to increase education, training and employment for Indigenous people
- Support and promote cultural and on-country experiences
- Establish leadership and education programs for females, applying a gender lens to all activities
- Programs that prevent and address domestic violence
- Provide cultural education for corporate organisations in WA